When a couple has problems conceiving it is necessary to carry out a study to make the diagnosis.
Fertility tests for women
This study consists of a series of tests to be carried out on the woman. Depending on each case, some or all of these tests must be carried out.
- Transvaginal ultrasound: To make a basic study of the physiological state of the uterus and ovaries.
- Vaginal smear: To perform a bacteriological study and thus determine if there are infections in the vaginal environment.
- Gynecological cytology: To rule out the presence of infections or other abnormalities in the cervix.
- Blood test: To determine, among others, the level of hormones in the blood. These hormones tell us if there is a problem in the functioning of the ovaries.
- Hysterosalpingography: This is an X-ray with contrast, in which the physiology of the uterus and fallopian tubes and their permeability will be studied.
Fertility tests for men
In the man we perform some tests to determine if there is any cause that could be interfering in the conception or the achievement of an ongoing pregnancy.
- Seminogram: This test is essential for the study of fertility, as it will reveal a large number of parameters in the semen sample, such as the number and mobility of spermatozoa.
- Sperm capacitation: We submit the previous sperm sample to a capacitation process in order to verify how it responds.